viernes, 27 de febrero de 2009

hasta miercoles

So tonight.. uhh Backstreet Boys! I am super super pumped! Lol – should be amazing!! All the old 90’s songs!! This week has been alright, on Monday we had a field trip instead of class to church’s in Lima – beautiful, huge church’s with this tour guide (I should know his name!) who is a famous writer and well known historian here? And yesterday for class we met with former Congressman Carlos Ferrero who was part of Congress during Fuijimori’s term and he just talked to us about corruption in the world and in Peru and.. it’s really interesting. We get to meet some pretty interesting people and go to some pretty elite places while we are here! Monday morning I woke up really sick.. I think it’s because what I ate on Sunday night, or maybe what I didn’t eat?? I had the sickest thing on Sunday night, I couldn’t even pretend to like it, for real. It was hot dogs – and I had no idea what it was when my host mom said it, I don’t know what the word for hotdog is in Spanish! But she said, ‘Oh you’ll really like it – it’s American food!’… uhh no! lol. Elisabeth served it to me and I was like o m g! Except.. I don’t know how.. but it was worse! It didn’t even look cooked and it wasn’t like.. the same. It was worse. I didn’t know you could get worse than American hotdogs – it had like dif meat or something, like gushy – like maybe cat or dog or something? I don’t even know but I could not even pretend to like it. I couldn’t even stand the smell. I decided I had to try it, it wasn’t hamster, and it could be totally good right, I mean did eat duck the other day.. uhh wrong – it was soooo so sick I almost spit it out back on my plate. So I just cut the rest up in little pieces and tried to like move it around and push it under my rice lol.. didn’t really work. Elisabeth always knows and she laughed and said you don’t like it, and then asked me if I didn’t like American food, and I said no.. lol. I couldn’t even pretend to like it, I never wanted to see that on my plate again. So I felt sick all morning yesterday and I think it’s cause of that sick cat-dog or something. It wasn’t from my malaria pills tho.. cause I stopped taking those lol. Wendy, from the ISA staff said it was ridiculous that we all had to take them, especially since they make us sick (they make all of our stomachs upset and make me throw up a lot too!) So we all decided to stop taking them, we aren’t going into any Malaria zones anyway she said, even when we do go to la selva. Then.. Kelly got sick. Kelly went to Africa during J-term and she said she didn’t take Malaria pills, but was in Malaria zones of course. So Kelly thought she had Malaria and oddly enough we all stopped taking our Malaria pills.. So I might have Malaria now! Hah no – Kelly is better tho and hopefully does not have Malaria! Last night was Michaels birthday and we sang karaoke (it’s the cool thing to do here for real, and it’s super funny and quite fun actually) and lucuma cake – lucuma is the richest fruit here that is to die for when put with chocolate. A must have while in Peru! So tonight is Backstreet Boys (super super pumped!!!!) Thursday night is Salsa dancing, and Friday night is a baby shower for Michelle on the ISA stuff, then out again!! This week we have had a TON of homework!! Next week we are starting salsa dancing classes three days a week – super super excited for!! I need to catch up with everyone soon – I feel like I haven’t heard people’s voices in a while! And I’m getting unburnt and mostly tanner – my daily makeup routine is.. deodorant (it’s so hot it’s usually off in the first hour!), hand sanitizer, because everything is dirty and sunscreen – and my belly ring is raw and my belly button is very sunburnt and hurts! Lol, if that’s not sick info you wanted to know.
Love and miss you!
Besos!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario