jueves, 19 de marzo de 2009

busy busy - beach nite!

It’s been a while! Sorry everyone! I’ve been super busy non-stop, trying to find time to rest lately! Last week Paige and Carly came to visit – it was AWESOME! We did well, umm…. Everything! We did a LOT! Lot lot! They got the historical view, el Congreso, la Inquisición, la Catedral de Lima, la Iglesia de San Pedro, changing of the guards, Chifa (Peruvian Chinese), chichi morada (purple corn drink, they weren’t too fond of it!), we visited Pachacamac – ancient ruins that we made up stories to because we were without a guide, they met an ex congressman during Fuijimori’s era, and the first indigenous congress woman of Peru – Paulina Arpasi Velásquez, they got the night life, Barancco, Calle de las Pizzas, Larcomar, we went to a club with one of my new Peruvian friends, Alessandra, which was a ‘baller’ time, we danced on a couple bars and got on stage at the club with Alessandra, lol. We drank and got into clubs free almost every night. We met people from England and US Southern Command Military. We ate at almost every restaurant ever in Miraflores – it felt like anyway – we basically didn’t stop eating! Lomo saltado, ceviche on the beach, inka cola, amazing peru juices, lucuma ice cream, pisco sour ice cream, pisco sours!! Cusqueña beer... they got the taxi experience, combi experience, the broken down combi experience on the highway!, the crazy peru traffic and la hora punta (rush hour), we met the good, and we met the dangerous J lol. Oh and we also went hang gliding! Really hung over too… and Carly and I both got really sick.. but still awesome! They got the fam experience and met my host mom, Pilar, and sweet Elisabeth, and Carly got made fun of in the street for being white and American a lot.. lol, and so did Paige for that matter. Was a good time. And now I have a mountain of homework to catch up on! But it was def worth it! I was really sick this weekend, probably from all my going, and I couldn’t even get a word out, but now I am better and about 98% and going at it again. School is still.. hard. Tonight after class we are going to San Bartolo, a cheap beach resort the boys stayed at the other weekend and loved it! So we are going to be out on the beach tonight, then lay out in the sun tomorrow – then come home and get ready for our weekend all over again! I love it here, I love Peru. I have a really amazing group from Luther, we all get along really well and.. we are all here for the same reason – we want to learn and explore and have the time of our lives! Which we are doing. Last night I got to watch my Presy babe roll over on Mandy’s blog! Oh he’s so big! I miss him and everyone! I love your calls and your letters, although the letters aren’t necessary you know! I’m known as the girl who has gotten the most mail in ISA history.. so thank you for all your love! J Time is flying, I can’t believe it’s almost the end of March, it just turned March! I love it here, and I think of you all very often! It’s sort of like a double negative… I miss you tho!

Besos de Peru

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario