domingo, 1 de marzo de 2009

just a weekend at the beach..

Right now I’m in my apartment with internet! Yes! It’s completely random and always chance on and off and never on of course when I need to look up things for homework, oh well tho! I live in Larcomar! This weekend was really really fun. Friday we actually just chilled out, we don’t have class on Fridays, and we went shopping (uhhh.. yeah I need to stop that pretty quick here!) and had a girls day and ice cream.. you know. Then we got together that night for a ‘baby shower’ for Michelle from the ISA staff. They call it a ‘baby shower’ here, there’s not translation lol! Weird I know. And the baby shower.. well it’s kind of a big deal! There was a commentator, a singer, background music, dancing, games, professional dancing of the National Dance, and sooooo soo many balloons and then all the food you can think of too, with their mini palta (avocado – they love avocado here, and so do I so I’m thinking I’m in the right place!) sandwiches, wafers, the best fruit you’ve had, mini potatoes, and Inka Cola of course! (It for real tastes exactly like bubble gum and even adults drink it and like it! :P) Then we just went to Mango’s, a bar in Larcomar, and had drinks outside overlooking the ocean (I def need to stop that too – drinks are expensive! But we like to buy really pretty ones just because we can J) And I talked to my gfs at Luther on Skype!! Oh I was so excited you don’t even know girlsies! Everyone was like, “What’s your deal Molly, why are you so happy?” and I was like, “I just saw my gfs!!!” Ooo I hope we can soon too! That was soo amazing! Saturday Amanda and I spent the day at the beach in Barancco. Oh I loved it. So soo so relaxing, beautiful. There’s people selling everything, we got ice cream (lucuma of course!) and I bought these really beautiful hand made earrings from 2 kids about my age. I should have bargained for them for less, but they were so nice and they made them themselves! Only 20 soles, which is $6 for really beautiful earrings, I think that’s ok! And.. I am soooo soo burnt. It’s so painful I can’t wear a bra today and it hurts to move. You’d have thought I would have learned my lesson from last time, and I did, but the tiniest parts I didn’t put sunscreen on are crisped right now – like my legs and like my armpit area? Totally random I know, but the rest of me is ok because I put sunscreen on every 20 min! Except for those parts of course and now I’m paying for it! Ouch! Then I was super tired and got ready for the evening out and got to talk to the Ma and Paige – who is coming not next week but the next!! Excited! Then we went to a club where Peter’s host brother and a couple bands sang acoustic for a benefit concert.. was soooo sooo soo good, and we got front row cause we just know the right people (aka Peter’s fam lol) – then we met up with our Peruvian friends and went to this club in Barancco that had a list to get in – but we got in and danced til about.. 4am. We always go in a big group (sometimes it causes a lot of attention, but we are always with Peruvians who know what’s going on) and I always call my host mom at 2am to tell her what I’m doing for the night, so you don’t have to worry rents (you will, you always do!). I called Pilar at 2am last night and my Castellano was a little less than perfect to say the least lol. It consisted of me saying, “Kelly, I have no idea how to say this in Spanish right now – help me!” “Ok Molly, just tell her…” lol. And now I’m here in my apartment awaiting to do alllllllllllll the homework I have for this week. I love everyone’s messages, notes, calls and skypes!! Even if I don’t reply right away, I always take time to take a big breath, relax, and read them. I just got done watching vids of Presy.. 3 times! Oh I miss him so - I can't believe how much he is moving Mandy!! I need to hear my baby talk soon, and his jungle molly monkey better be his fav toy!! :) This week should be busy.. we are hopefully going salsa dancing 3 times this week.. along with all the mountains of homework. I love and miss you all!! I think of you often!
Besos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario